Verified Tipsters are committed to responsible betting. If you believe that
you have a problem with gambling, you can contact us to get directions.
It is against the law for those under 18 to gamble and Verified Tipsters
takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out electronic
age verification checks
on customers who use payment mechanisms that we know can be used by children.
In addition, we carry out age checks on a random selection of all other
customers regardless of the method of payment.
Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings
forfeited and will also be reported to the police.
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling
can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
- If you want to have a break from gambling you can use our self exclude
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your
(or someone else’s) life then the following questions may help you find out:
you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair
and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the
cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
- The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are
to have a serious gambling problem. To speak to someone about this contact
GamCare confidential helpline on 0845 6000 133 or visit their website at www.gamcare.org.uk for further information.
There are a number of third party applications that parents
or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access
to the Internet:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web
content : www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites
to block : www.cybersitter.com